From 10th to 12th October 2014 Russia will host the next Grand Prix race. It will be located at the Sochi circuit, inside the Black Sea resort having the same name.
It is the first purpose-built Formula One facility in Russia, inaugurated in the same year and city where the Winter Olympics have been staged.
The race will be a great occasion to better explore Magneti Marelli Motorsport WinTAX4, ranked undoubtedly among the top PC applications for data acquisition and analysis in Motorsport competitions. You can find the full software’s description in the recent post titled: “An Introduction to Telemetry Systems and WinTAX”.
As a matter of fact, Magneti Marelli gives the possibility to download and start using a WinTAX4 demo version, including data to start doing telemetry analysis during the Sochi Grand Prix.
HOW TO ENJOY THE RUSSIAN GP WITH WINTAX?
How to use it? Just download WinTAX4 installation data here to get the zip file and follow the instructions included in the ‘User Guide’ pdf.
1. Install WinTAX4: run setup.exe from the installer package. Make sure you have the correct permissions to perform the installation (you must have administrator rights)
2. Launch WinTAX4 application from the desktop icon.
3. Download Russian GP data by clicking here. Unzip the content in .\WinTAX4\Data\ Directory.
4. Click on menu File –> Open Data. A window called Databrowser will appear. The left panel of the Databrowser allows you to navigate throughout all the Windows directories. On the right panel you will see the list of the laps belonging to the selected session.
5. Select one or more laps on the Databrowser’s right panel and press “Enter”. The lap will be loaded in WinTAX4, ready to be displayed. A predefined layout is included to start playing.
Try now the WinTAX software by yourself, start your innovation journey: enjoy the race!